Requisition Form Instructions
CPC/CPF Requisition Forms are located at: Requisition Form (excel)
Instructions for completing a requisition are as follows: (a corresponding requisition form is shown following the requisition and supplemental form instructions)
- Begin by selecting which company the requisition is for (CPC or CPF)
- Indicate the vendor
- Enter the address
- Enter the date you are submitting the requisition
- Enter the Key & Object code to be charged
- Enter the name of the requestor, their phone number, and the department
- Ship To: indicate where your purchase(s) should be dropped off. If checking “other”; indicate building and room number for delivery.
- Order placed? indicate:
- No – go to line 9.
- Yes – indicate how order was placed
- Check if purchase order is to be mailed to vendor or not mailed. Faxed? Indicate:
- Yes – enter fax number
- No – go to line 10
- Enter number of items to be ordered.
- Enter unit i.e. each, case, pounds.
- Enter description of item(s) to be ordered.
- Enter per unit cost of item.
- Enter total of items ordered: This field is automatically calculated and represents #10 x #13.
- Subtotal column – Field is automatically calculated
- Add sales tax if applicable. If merchandise is for resale – do not include sales tax. Sales tax is 7.25% when items are being shipped ON Cal Poly campus. Otherwise sales tax is determined by city/county percent where merchandise is received. (Field is automatically calculated at 7.25%)
- Pay Freight if Charged – Yes or No. if Yes see #18
- Indicate amount of freight if known
- Add lines 15-18. (This field is automatically calculated)
- Indicate whether or not items being purchased are for resale.
- Indicate date order is needed.
- Signature of person having authority to sign for the key indicated on line 10 above.
Once completed, please forward the requisition to the appropriate Corporation contact for approval:
- Sponsored Programs for org key range 45000-59999 and 82000- 82990 (with the exception of 82890).
- Conference and Event Planning for key range 82890 and 83000- 88999
- All other key ranges forward to Corporation Business Office. Please keep a copy for your records.
Upon receipt by the Corporation Business Office, a requisition will be entered into the system and a purchase order will be mailed to the vendor (unless indicated on requisition form line #4) and a copy will be sent to the requestor.
Please allow 2-3 days of processing time for a requisition.