Governance of Cal Poly Corporation
Since 1940, Cal Poly Corporation (CPC, corporation), formerly called Cal Poly Foundation, has provided responsible, diverse, and high-quality services to Cal Poly. The CPC is a separate, nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, organized chiefly to support the educational mission of the university. The CPC is self-supporting and does not receive funding from any state sources for its operations. We currently employ more than 1,500 students, faculty, and staff, making the CPC one of the largest employers in San Luis Obispo County.
The CPC was divided into two separate operations in 2006. Cal Poly Foundation became Cal Poly Corporation (described in preceding paragraph).The Cal Poly Foundation now runs as a separate nonprofit, led by Cal Poly alumni and friends. The Foundation generates private funding to advance the polytechnic “Learn by Doing” educational model of Cal Poly. To read more about the Cal Poly Foundation, visit the website at www.calpolyfoundation.org
The CPC Board of Directors is a notable and representative group of community leaders, distinguished faculty and staff, and motivated students who are committed to supporting Cal Poly and its educational mission.
Programs and Services
Within CPC there are two main divisions: commercial operations and fiscal and administrative services.
All programs and services are designed to benefit and support Cal Poly. This diagram depicts the types of services CPC provides. The various departments and organizations are explained below.
Division 1: Commercial Operations
- Campus Dining provides campus-wide food services, which include catering and vending. (www.calpolydining.com)
- University Store and Cal Poly Downtown provide textbooks, school supplies, and spirit apparel. (www.calpolystore.com).
- Cal Poly Print & Copy provides complete print, copy, and binding services. (http://www.calpolyprintcopy.com).
Division 2: Fiscal and Administrative Services
- Sponsored Programs provide post-award fiscal and administrative support services. (www.calpolycorporation.org/sponsoredprograms)
- The CPC Administration office manages fiscal administration and services for instructionally related programs, conference services, workshops, agency activities, and ASI. by (www.calpolycorporation.org)
- The Investments & Treasury offices provide trust and investment services. (www.calpolycorporation.org/investments)
- The Human Resources department manages employee resources and services for all CPC employees through the HR office (www.calpolycorporation.org/humanresources).
- University Store oversees trademark licensing and management consulting (www.calpolystore.com).
CPC began modestly as a cafe-dorm fund, a student project fund, and a faculty-operated student store. In 1940, the organization was incorporated to provide a single entity. In 1967, the University Store (formerly El Corral Bookstore) came under the supervision of the Foundation.
The CPC was divided into two separate operations in 2006. Cal Poly Foundation became Cal Poly Corporation. The Cal Poly Foundation now runs as a separate nonprofit, led by Cal Poly alumni and friends. The Cal Poly Foundation generates private funding to advance the polytechnic “Learn by Doing” educational model of Cal Poly. To read more about the Cal Poly Foundation, visit the website at www.calpolyfoundation.org