managing corporation investments
The Financial Services department, also known as Investments and Treasury, handles all aspects of bank activity for Cal Poly Corporation revenue centers. We provide PCI compliant solutions to credit card processing for campus events, retail operations both brick and mortar and e-commerce, as well as membership drives for CPC-funded accounts. Through the Financial Services department, you can request access to Eventbrite for hosting and marketing events, PayPal for selling goods or memberships on your campus-approved website, and purchasing or renting of mobile credit card terminals to accept credit card payments at local events. We are dedicated to finding and implementing PCI compliant solutions to fit the needs of payment-accepting areas of campus and are willing to discuss the best options for your department. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the department at [email protected].
- Managing short-and long-term investments
- Managing gift assets held in Campus Programs, Endowment and life income funds
- Providing assistance with all Corporation banking activity
- Overseeing deposit and change order activity
- Establishing Merchant I.D.s
- Assisting in the administration of the P-Card program
What is Eventbrite?
Eventbrite is an event registration website platform that allows various campus entities to organize and sell tickets to Cal Poly hosted events. Eligible events are those that require simple registration and payment options, and no other event coordination.
How does Cal Poly Corporation integrate with Eventbrite?
When a Cal Poly user is interested in hosting an event, they must complete the CPC – Eventbrite Application. Once approved, the user will be granted access to the Eventbrite website with administrative privileges to make edits to their event. When the user makes the event live, ticket sales will be deposited into the CPC PayPal account and all registration revenue and expenses will be recorded to the G/L on a monthly basis by the CPC Financial Services Department. For all refund requests, please contact the Financial Services Department at [email protected].
Fees for Eventbrite?
Eventbrite Fee*: 3.5 percent of gross sales plus $1.59 per transaction
PayPal Fee*: 2.9 percent of gross sales plus $0.30 per transaction
CPC Administration Fee: .35 percent
*Billed monthly and paid by department specified on application by the Financial Services Department
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a digital method of collecting revenues for goods or memberships sold on campus webpages. This service is provided for organizations with established CPC accounts with annual sales of less than $50,000.
Why use PayPal?
Campus departments use PayPal to sell products or memberships directly from their website to faculty, staff, students, alumni and the general public.
How does Cal Poly Corporation integrate with PayPal?
If your organization would like to utilize the CPC PayPal payment service, a completed PayPal application must be submitted to CPC and the organization must meet the requirements. The PayPal set up results in html code for a “Buy Now” button. That code is shared with your webmaster. Website maintenance will be the responsibility of the organization; this includes web design, installation of the Buy Now code, product information and pricing, sales tax, shipping costs, etc. PayPal assumes the liability for fraud, credit card security, and information storage.
PayPal Fee*: 2.9 percent of gross sales plus $0.30 per transaction
CPC Administrative Fee*: 0.35 percent of gross sales
* Billed monthly and paid by department specified on application by the Financial Services Department
Clover Credit Card Terminal Information
What is Clover?
Clover is a credit card terminal platform that can be used to accept credit card payments for products sold on campus either in a designated location or on-the-go at events. Clover has two approved products available for purchase, these include Clover Mini and Clover Flex. Both products have the ability to act as a POS system which includes inventory tracking as well as access to sales information across multiple platforms.
|Fee Type||Amount||Fee Recurrence|
|Device Purchase (Mini)||$749.00||One-time charge per device|
|Device Purchase (Clover Flex)||$679.00||One-time charge per device|
|Cash Drawer (Mini only)||$199.00||One-time charge per device|
|Device Activation Fee||$25.00||One-time charge per device|
|Cellular Connectivity||$15.00||Monthly charge per device|
|“Register Lite” POS Plan (optional)||$9.99||Monthly charge per device|
|Credit Card Processing Fees||2 – 3 percent||Monthly charge per device|
How are credit card sales recorded to the appropriate CPC Account?
On a weekly basis, the department contact will print out their sales report from the Clover website and will submit the sales report with a CPC Deposit Form to the CPC Cashier’s in Building 15.
Mobile Credit Card Terminal Rental
Cal Poly Corporation has mobile credit card terminals available to use for one-time events. These terminals are battery operated and transmit data via a cellular network. At the end of the event, employees are required to submit a Deposit Form with all signed credit card receipts.
As part of the application to rent a CPC mobile credit card terminal, employees must agree to the following terms:
- Use will be limited to Cal Poly Corporation employees and students who have a legitimate need to process credit card payments on behalf of the event.
- Everyone involved in an aspect of the processing of credit cards must complete the Cal Poly PCI DSS Compliance Training.
- If the user is not familiar with the device, they must call the Wells Fargo Bank number found on the device for a brief training session.
- The device must at all times be either under secure lock and key or under the direct control of an appropriate event staff member. The device can never be left unattended.
- If the device is lost or stolen, the Corporation’s Financial Services Department will immediately be notified. Call 805-756-7352.
- In the event a security breach exposes, or is suspected to have exposed sensitive data, the renter may be responsible for fines, legal fees, notification costs and other costs associated with the breach.
- Settlement of sales and batch transmission to the bank is to occur no less than daily.
- Copies of signed receipts, batch settlement confirmations and all accounting records are due no later than three business days after the event.
- The Corporation cannot guarantee that the device will successfully connect to a cellular network. It’s strongly suggested that the device be tested well in advance at the location of the event. If no connection can be made, the event must either have another PCI DSS compliant and university approved payment solution available and ready to use or agree that credit card payments will not be accepted.
- The device will be configured to accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards.
- Under no circumstances with the device be reprogramed by anyone other than the Corporation’s Financial Services Department.
- The department or event will pay the rental fee or, in the case of loss, theft or damage, the full replacement value of the device.
- Credit card transaction fees to be charged at 3 percent of gross sales, paid by the department renting the device.