Research has shown that employees who come into organizations through referrals are excellent contributors, stay longer and create a better work environment. If you know someone who you think would be a great addition to the corporation, and they meet the qualifications for an existing open full-time position, encourage them to apply and you could receive a $500 bonus.
This program is currently only open for positions in Campus Dining.
Refer candidates who meet the qualifications to our HR department using the Candidate Referral Form.
Employee Referral Bonus Program rules:
- Candidate must be referred during the time period of May 1, 2021 through Aug. 31, 2021.
- The hiring of a referred employee must occur within six months of the initial referral date.
- Corporation Senior Management and Human Resources employees are excluded from receiving referral bonuses.
- Employees who refer an individual in which they have a significant personal relationship with will be excluded from receiving the bonus. Per the Cal Poly Corporation Hiring of Relatives Policy, a significant personal relationship includes – spouse, domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, in-law and step relationships, as well as individuals with whom the employee resides or has the role of significant other with.
- The referral must represent the candidate’s first contact with our organization. Intermittent, student, additional compensation, and former employees are not eligible candidates for referral.
- To be eligible for an award, the referred candidate must state on their online application that they have been referred by a current corporation employee. The online application includes an appropriate section to properly provide the employee’s first and last name.
- Once a referral is hired and completes three (3) months of service, the employee responsible for the referral will receive a bonus of $250 during the qualifying pay period immediately following the three (3) months of service. Once the referral completes six (6) months of service, the employee responsible for the referral will receive the remaining $250.
- The first employee to refer a candidate will be the only referring employee eligible for payment.
- All candidates will be evaluated for employment consistent with our organization’s policies and procedures, and all information regarding the hiring decision will remain strictly confidential.